In order to preserve the viability of donated perishables and maximize ease of handling and transport for our Volunteer Drivers, Second Helpings Atlanta accepts donations that follow our Food Donation Guidelines. Check out our guidelines below:
Food donations we accept:
- Bread and baked goods
- Uncooked or cooked meats
- Dairy and produce
- Prepared food
- Canned and shelf stable items
- Deli meats and cheeses
- Water and other drinks
Food donations we don’t accept:
- Food that has been served
- Food from a personal residence
- Alcoholic beverages (including hard ciders & lemonades, wine coolers, etc.)
Preparation for donation:
- Package food donations for pick-up in sealed plastic bags, aluminum pans with lids or containers with a closed lid.
- Food must be edible for at least 24 hours after the scheduled pick-up.
- Food needs to have been stored frozen or refrigerated as soon as possible after the determination was made not to serve it.
- Food package(s) should be labeled with food type and preparation date.