With a few hours notice, SHA welcomes food donations outside our regularly scheduled pick-ups from commercial and non-profit organizations. Wondering whether your food can be donated? Check out our guidelines below and read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Then, click “Request Pickup” at the bottom of this page.
Food donations we accept:
- Bread and baked goods
- Uncooked or cooked meats
- Dairy and produce
- Prepared food
- Canned and shelf stable items
- Deli meats and cheeses
- Water and other drinks
Food donations we don’t accept:
- Food that has been served
- Food from a personal residence
- Alcoholic beverages (including hard ciders & lemonades, wine coolers, etc.)
Preparation for donation:
- Package food donations for pick-up in sealed plastic bags, aluminum pans with lids or containers with a closed lid.
- Food must be edible for at least 24 hours after the scheduled pick-up.
- Food needs to have been stored frozen or refrigerated as soon as possible after the determination was made not to serve it.
- Food package(s) should be labeled with food type and preparation date.
Please tell us about your food donation by clicking the button below and answering a few questions.