FAQ’s for Food Donors
- Does Second Helpings Atlanta help with one-time food donations?
We can typically provide a volunteer driver for donations that are over 100 pounds if given 48-hours notice or more. If this fits your donation, please complete a brief form. For smaller donations (under 100 pounds), we encourage you to review our list of Partner Agencies and deliver the donation directly.
- I am interested in putting an ongoing food rescue program in place. Who can I work with to learn more?
Please read our Food Donation Guidelines and complete a short information form about your recurring food donation.
- What types of food do you accept?
Please review our Food Donations Guidelines.
- How often do you pick-up?
We determine a pickup schedule on a case-by-case basis after you’ve completed a form with more information about your organization’s donations.
- Is there a minimum quantity of food required to schedule a pick-up?
For a one-time food donation, we typically do not schedule Volunteers to pick up food donations weighing under 100 pounds, but we may be able to help you identify an Agency to deliver the food to yourself. For recurring food donors, we discuss pickup sizes on a case-by-case basis.
- How must the food be packaged for pick-up?
Please refer to our Food Donation Guidelines for more information on packaging.
- What if I have a food donation that has to be picked up quickly — today or tomorrow?
For donations that need to be handled in under 48 hours, please refer to our list of agencies and drop the food off at a location convenient to you.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact our Food Donor Coordinator (email@example.com) or SHA’s Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any other questions.