FAQ’s for Food Donors
- I am interested in making a one time food donation. What do I need to do to make that happen?
Please complete this short form with some information about your food donation and we will be in touch with you with 3-6 hours. If your donation is immediate (today) we may not be able to accommodate the request.
- I am interested in putting an on-going food rescue program in place. Who can I work with to learn more?
Please contact our Food Donor Coordinator by completing a short information form about your recurring food donations.
- What types of food do you accept?
We focus primarily on rescuing perishable foods (e.g. produce, dairy, deli, proteins, bakery & frozen prepared), but we’re happy to accept non-perishable food items as well. Please review our Food Donations Guidelines.
- How often do you pick-up?
The frequency & timing of pick-ups will be determined once we have a better understand of the volume & types of food available for pick-up.
- Is there a minimum quantity of food required to schedule a pick-up?
We typically do not schedule Volunteers to pick-up food donations consisting of less than 25 pounds, however we are happy to discuss your food donation to determine if it’s a good match with the specific needs of one of our Partner Agencies.
- How must the food be packaged for pick-up?
Packaging depends on the volume & types of food being donated. Packaging details will be discussed as the logistics are being developed to handle your food donation.
- What if I have a food donation that has to be picked up quickly — today or tomorrow?
Read our Food Donation Guidelines and then click “Request Pickup” at the bottom of that page.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact our Food Donor Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or SHA’s Executive Director (email@example.com) if you have any other questions.